Recipe by Alle Mcbirney
300g Penne pasta
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 small red onion
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 small zucchini (diced)
1 1/2 cups diced eggplant
1 large carrot (peeled and diced)
¾ Cup of sweet corn
1 red sweet bell pepper (seeded and diced)
1 can crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
2 teaspoons of dried basil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Follow pasta method according to package directions.
2. Begin to sauté your onion, carrot and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until starting to soften.
3. Add the bell pepper, zucchini, sweet corn and eggplant then sauté for another 5-7 minutes.
4. Once combined add tomatoes, vegetable broth, salt, pepper, dried basil, balsamic vinegar and fold together gently.
5. leave the sauce to simmer on low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6.When finished place on top of cooked pasta and serve with sourdough bread if desired.