Recipe by Ben Crick
- 200g Feta
- 1 Punnett of Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 Olives
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 50g Rocket
- 1 Sheet of puff pastry
- 1 Egg
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice one sheet of pastry into quarters and place on the baking tray.
- Score the edge of the pastry by 1 cm.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on a medium heat.
- Dice the onion roughly or finely depending on your preference and caramelize.
- Once the onion begins caramelizing, add the vinegar and brown sugar.
- Crumble feta into a bowl and add thinly sliced olives.
- Add the caramelized onion to the bowl and mix them through.
- Spread the feta mixture evenly out onto the pastry sheets, not going over the 1 cm border.
- Slice and place the cherry tomatoes on each tart evenly, being careful not to add too many.
- Egg-wash the border of the tarts.
- Place the tray into the oven and cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden-brown.
- Serve with Rocket garnished on top.