Recipe by Evie Reid
- 4 cups of cooked and COLD rice
- 3 tablespoons of butter (45g)
- 2 eggs (scrambled)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce (add to taste)
- Salt and pepper
- ½ medium onion – diced (see handy video)
- ½ a cauliflower – bite-sized pieces
- ½ a broccoli – bite-sized pieces
- 2 carrots – diced
- ½ capsicum – diced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh greens beans – 2cm long (ish)
- Cook rice (see handy video) then leave spread in a thin dish, cover it and put in the fridge for about 30 minutes to cool down.
- Scramble eggs with a small amount of butter. Make sure to break up the egg into small pieces. Remove from heat and tip eggs onto a separate plate.
- Add some more butter, once melted add onions, carrots, garlic, peas, broccoli and cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the carrots are soft and onions become transparent.
- Increase the heat to high, add in remaining butter and stir until melted. Straight away add the rice (make sure it is cold and not just cool!), capsicum, green beans and soy sauce, stir until combined. Keep stirring for 3 minutes so the rice can fry.
- Add in the eggs and stir till combined.
- Remove from heat. Season to taste with extra soy sauce and salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy 😊