Recipe by Leonora Schaft
- 1kg potatoes
- 1 onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- ½ tablespoon majoran
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on size.
- Leave to cool (they should be properly cooled down), then peel and slice.
- Heat the oil in a pan (not too hot!) and add the potato slices to the pan.
- Do not overfill the pan and do not season the fried potatoes yet.
- Turn or shake occasionally.
- Fry over medium heat until the potatoes are golden brown. This takes about 15 minutes.
- Only now season with salt, pepper and marjoram.
- Fry the onion in a separate pan and add to the potatoes when onions are done.
For the Fried Eggs
- Melt some butter in a frying pan, carefully put the eggs in and salt them lightly.
- Allow to set briefly, then add approx. 50 ml of water to the pan and close it with a lid so that the fried eggs can be cooked to completion.
- Season with salt and pepper.