Recipe by Saffron Wheeler
This Meal Plan is Yummy because it has many yummy spices that work well together and give off an aromatic flavour. These all work together to produce a rich well-balanced curry. Kids won’t even know they are eating spinach
This Meal Plan is Sustainable because this is a meat free meal that uses tofu as a sustainable substitute for chicken. Tofu is better for you and for the environment because it admits a lot less greenhouse gasses than producing meat that add to global warming.
This Meal Plan has good Vege Vibes because spinach is high in iron, vitamins and magnesium which is great for your immune system. It is affordable and tasty when cooked correctly. Spinach is also easily accessible in most seasons.
- 1 Diced onion
- 1t Ground cumin
- 1t Ground turmeric
- 1t Crushed garlic
- 1t Crushed ginger
- 1t Cayenne pepper
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 Diced tomato
- 400g Firm Tofu
- 2 large handfuls of Spinach
- Juice of one lemon
- Cook rice – see video for help.
- In a large oiled frying pan, sweat diced onion and add garlic, ginger, ground turmeric, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, cook until onions are soft and translucent, stirring regularly.
- Add all the spinach to pan and add diced tomato.
- Cut tofu into bite sized cubes and in an oiled small pan, begin to cook (see video below for tips!).
- With a hand blender or food processer, blend all ingredient (leave out tofu) until preferred consistency.
- Add tofu into curry and heat until bubbling.
- Serve with cooked rice with a dollop of butter on top. Naan bread can also be served with this – see easy Naan link below!
How to cook rice on the stove top
Two ingredient naan bread recipe